Boy, eight, dies after being electrocuted by open wires in veld in Jap Cape


An eight-year-old boy died after he was electrocuted by open electrical wires in a veld in Despatch, outdoors Port Elizabeth within the Jap Cape, on Saturday, police stated.

Police spokesperson Gerda Swart stated two youngsters have been enjoying within the bushes in Kingston when group members have been alerted by frantic screams.

Swart stated one little one was seen working out of the bushes.

“The kid then knowledgeable the group members that the boy was shocked by an open wire that was mendacity on the bottom.”

The boy was rushed to hospital however was declared lifeless.

An inquest docket was opened.

TimesLIVE