A profession legal who’s on parole for housebreaking is accused of breaking right into a Lincoln Park condominium constructing Tuesday. Prosecutors charged Maurice Kirby, 57, with residential housebreaking.
Residents of a residential advanced on the 1800 block of North Lincoln Park West known as police after they heard him break glass on the entrance door and battle with a second entry door round 1:30 a.m., prosecutors stated. Witnesses noticed Kirby enter the residents’ mailroom, place a white field inside a buying bag, and go away, in accordance with allegations made in bond courtroom.
Police discovered Kirby carrying a buying bag 20 minutes later a couple of block away. The witnesses recognized him because the burglar, prosecutors stated.
Kirby was launched from jail on November 27 after serving half of an eight-year sentence he obtained for residential housebreaking in 2015, in accordance with state data. He has additionally been sentenced to jail:
- for one 12 months in 2009 for retail theft
- for 25 months in 2008 for retail theft
- for six years in 2004 for try residential housebreaking
- for 4 years in 1999 for retail theft
- for 42 months in 1997 for retail theft
- for 2 years in 1994 for bringing hashish right into a penal establishment
- for 5 years in 1994 for theft
- for 3 years in 1993 for tried theft
- for 3 years in 1989 for theft
- for 3 years in 1989 for forgery
Decide David Navarro launched Kirby on his personal recognizance Monday.