Cantabrians in want of important family items and companies in the course of the coronavirus lockdown can get assist through an area helpline.
The helpline is now working to assist susceptible people who find themselves unable to entry necessities corresponding to meals and drugs.
It has been arrange by Civil Defence with the Better Christchurch metropolis and district councils.
Civil Defence Canterbury group controller Neville Reilly mentioned the service would assist principally the disabled, in danger teams, and individuals who couldn’t entry companies themselves.
* Coronavirus and mental health: ‘It’s OK to not be OK’, psychologist says
* Indian community leader calls for co-operation during lockdown in the battle to contain COVID-19
* Girl, under 4, among new coronavirus cases in South Canterbury
“We request that, if you’ll be able to present for your self right now, please assist by maintaining the road free for individuals who want pressing help.”
Residents who want help can name 0800 24 24 11. For Christchurch, the helpline will function 24/7. For different districts, the helpline will operate throughout regular council enterprise hours.
Necessary helpline notes:
– The hotline is primarily for these in want of welfare help and are struggling to get these items or companies via group connections or different means
– Key communities embody the aged, these with well being or social vulnerabilities, these with a incapacity, individuals unable to entry transport
– Welfare wants might embody: Meals, water, or clothes, medicine or different medical wants, child or toddler wants, pet wants – meals, veterinary or shelter
– The assistance line service may even be capable of navigate and refer callers to the related Authorities company already working to ship specific companies.