They bought him.
5 days into his one-man crime wave, the theft and suspected housebreaking offender who’s been elevating havoc in Previous City met his match. And, it seems, he’s a juvenile.
Undercover cops arrested the teenager round 5 p.m. Saturday close to Willow and Orchard streets — the identical intersection the place he’s been inflicting issues all week. Prosecutors have charged the juvenile with two felony counts of theft, Chicago police mentioned on Twitter Sunday.
Officers responded to the realm round three o’clock Saturday after somebody reported that the wished offender was standing outdoors Newberry Math & Science Academy. An 18th District police tactical unit staked out the realm and subsequently arrested the teenager.
Investigators suspect he’s chargeable for:
- Stealing cash from Willow Cleaners, 703 West Willow, on Monday
- Robbing the identical enterprise at knifepoint Tuesday afternoon
- Burglarizing a lady’s residence within the 800 block of West Armitage
- Robbing a woman at knifepoint close to Willow and Orchard on Thursday night
- Trying to rob a lady at Willow and Orchard on Friday afternoon
Witnesses called police earlier than the Thursday and Friday incidents after seeing the offender within the space, however he dedicated crimes and fled earlier than police arrived each occasions.
Nobody was injured through the incidents, though the robber did push a 77-year-old dry cleaner worker throughout Tuesday’s hold-up.