Article content material
Each southbound lanes of Financial institution Road have been closed Tuesday night after a fireplace broke out in a six-storey condominium constructing throughout the road from Lansdowne Park.
Ottawa Hearth Service responded to a 911 name at 7:49 p.m. after a passerby observed smoke and flames pouring from a third-storey unit on the north aspect of the constructing at 1014 Financial institution Road.
Firefighters arrived on scene 4 minutes later, pressured open the locked door of the unit, and encountered heavy smoke and flames. They shortly extinguished the blaze and confirmed that nobody was residence.
Multiple dozen emergency autos have been on the scene Tuesday night time.
Ottawa Hearth Service mentioned the unit seemed to be present process renovations, and a fireplace investigator was on scene to find out the reason for the hearth. Nobody was injured.
The 25-unit constructing was thought of a inexperienced showpiece whereas it was beneath building 12 years in the past because it featured geothermal heating, rooftop gardens, low-flow bogs and sustainably harvested constructing supplies. However the improvement, generally known as EcoCite on the Canal, went into debt and was finally seized by its mortgage firm earlier than being resold.