One resident injured, eight displaced in Christmas Eve fireplace in Gatineau


Article content material

The Gatineau fireplace division is reporting a fireplace Christmas Eve in a rooming home at 96 Saint-Joseph in central Gatineau.

Ten fireplace vehicles and 30 firefighters responded to the blaze at round 11 p.m.

They arrived to seek out flames popping out of a basement door and window.

Firefighters have been capable of restrict the blaze to the unique constructing, which was closely broken.

One of many residents had been injured and was transported to native hospital.

It took a number of hours for firefighters to convey the blaze below management.

There was no additional phrase on the extent of the resident’s accidents.

Damages have been estimated at $95,000.