Chris Fox, CP24.com
Printed Saturday, July four, 2020 10:11AM EDT
Final Up to date Saturday, July four, 2020 10:54AM EDT
Ontario is reporting its lowest variety of new circumstances of COVID-19 in additional than per week.
The Ministry of Well being says that there have been 121 new cases of the virus confirmed on Friday, which is the bottom quantity in any 24-hour interval since 111 circumstances have been reported again on June 26.
It additionally brings the five-day common of latest circumstances beneath 150 for the primary time in months.
About 41 per cent of the brand new circumstances are both in Toronto (27 circumstances) or Peel Area (23 circumstances), down from greater than 60 per cent at instances this previous week. One other 21 new circumstances, in the meantime, have been in Windsor-Essex the place the province continues to conduct focused testing on non permanent farm staff.
“Domestically, 29 of Ontario’s 34 public well being models are reporting 5 or fewer circumstances, with 16 of them reporting no new circumstances,” Well being Minister Christine Elliott mentioned in a message posted to Twitter. “Having processed over 21,000 assessments yesterday, our positivity fee stays at all-time lows.”
The newest information suggests that there have been one other 174 current circumstances that have been moved over to “recovered” within the province’s database over the past 24 hours because the variety of energetic circumstances declined to 1,886.
There have been additionally one other 5 deaths reported in individuals who have contracted COVID-19, brining the tally because the begin of the pandemic in March to 2,687.
Hospitalizations, in the meantime, proceed to pattern downwards.
On Friday, there have been simply 150 COVID-19 sufferers in Ontario hospitals with 39 of these folks receiving therapy in intensive care models.
On the top of the pandemic, the variety of folks hospitalized with the virus hovered round 1,000 for weeks and one level in early April 264 of them have been receiving therapy within the ICU.
Different highlights from the info:
- There was one new outbreak reported in a long-term care residence over the past 24 hours. The overall variety of energetic outbreaks in these settings is 52.
- All 5 of the deaths added to the province’s database concerned residents in long-term care properties. To date 1,717 long-term care residents who’ve contracted COVID-19 have died.
- The overall quantity of people that have been hospitalized with the virus at any level now stands at four,419, accounting for greater than 12 per cent of all circumstances.
- There have been 35,656 lab-confirmed circumstances because the starting of the pandemic.
- Of the brand new circumstances confirmed on Friday the overwhelming majority occurred in folks between the ages of 20 and 39 (43 circumstances) or 40 and 59 (58 circumstances).