The Programme Supervisor: Financial Justice (Financial Justice) will probably be liable for the planning, administration and implementation of Financial Justice work throughout the Financial and Social Justice (ESJ) Cluster. S/he will probably be required to determine alternatives for grant making throughout the Financial Justice programme and handle the availability of grants to key nationwide and regional companions. He/she is going to play a robust function in facilitating networks among the many Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA) companions throughout the Financial Justice Programme and in convening dialogue and debate on points related to OSISA’s total mandate.
- Actively identifies alternatives throughout the programme which are aligned to the OSISA technique.
- Works with the Financial Social Justice Crew Chief to develop the technique, work plan and funds for the related programme portfolio.
- Initiates and facilitates analysis and data essential to maximise programme growth and/or initiation.
- Collaborates carefully with programme employees throughout the cluster and different OSF Foundations and networks in initiating and growing programmes.
- Working carefully with different programme managers, the programme supervisor will guarantee the combination of his/her programme throughout the cluster and throughout the organisation.
- Oversees the monetary and administrative administration capabilities of the programme.
- Ensures compilation of budgets in accordance with funds coverage and rules.
- Ensures the programme’s compliance with organisational insurance policies and procedures.
- Ensures joint and collaborative work with different programmes to make sure most impression from OSISA programmes.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of up to date financial justice points, together with impression funding approaches.
- Stays up to date with developments within the sector all through the area and globally, and participates in strategic discussions on the regional and world ranges as a way to hold knowledgeable of points, considerations and wishes.
- Constantly screens and measures the impression of the programme towards targets set and makes suggestions for enchancment.
- Co-ordinates and co-operates with programme companions and grants beneficiaries.
- Liaises with related employees members of OSISA within the area to advertise co-ordination and synergy.
- Works with the Senior Grants & Partnerships Supervisor to determine and handle pre and put up award compliance points in addition to reporting necessities.
- Chargeable for due diligence, managing and monitoring grants inside his/her portfolio.
- Actively develops methods to strengthen the capability of grantees to turn out to be simpler and accountable in managing grants. In collaboration with the Studying and M&E Supervisor, develops a monitoring and analysis plan for his/her programme.
- Ensures well timed and correct monetary and narrative reporting from grantees.
- Develops competency and technical understanding on the usage of the Grants Administration system (GMS).
Communication and Advocacy
- Identifies key alternatives for the promotion of OSISA beliefs.
- Working carefully with the Crew Chief: Financial and Social Justice and the Communications Supervisor, develops advocacy initiatives associated to programme points at regional and nationwide stage.
- Collaborates with communications unit to advertise and talk programme actions.
- Ensures open and efficient communication with different programmes and throughout the organisations.
Planning & Organising, Management, Interpersonal Abilities, Outcomes Focus, and Collaboration.
- A Grasp’s Diploma in Social Science, Improvement or area associated to the Inclusive Financial & Social Coverage programme.
- At the least 5 years’ expertise working as Programme Supervisor in Southern Africa in a bilateral, multilateral, civil society, regional organisation setting.
- Clear and demonstrable expertise in main and managing casual sector, meals safety, local weather change and impression funding initiatives.
- Alignment to organisational values, imaginative and prescient and mission.
candidates ought to ahead a one-page cowl letter and detailed CV to [email protected] with the related place as the topic heading.
Time limit for submission is September 25 2020.
Solely shortlisted candidates will obtain a response.
OSISA – Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa
OSISA is a rising African establishment dedicated to deepening democracy, defending human rights and enhancing good governance within the area. It‘s imaginative and prescient is to advertise and maintain the beliefs, values, establishments and practices of open society, with the intention of building vibrant and tolerant southern African democracies during which individuals, free from materials and different deprivation, perceive their rights and obligations and take part actively in all spheres of life.
In pursuance of this imaginative and prescient, OSISA‘s mission is to provoke and assist programmes working in the direction of open society beliefs and to advocate for these beliefs in southern Africa. Established in 1997, OSISA works in 11 southern Africa international locations: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe. OSISA works in a different way in every of those 11 international locations, in response to native circumstances.
OSISA is an Equal Alternative Employer
Constructing vibrant and tolerant democracies