Article content material
Two individuals have been damage and three displaced as a two-alarm fireplace induced an estimated $600,000 in injury to a house in Mechanicsville Tuesday evening.
A 50-year-old man and a 35-year-old girl have been taken to hospital in severe however secure situation with smoke inhalation, paramedics stated.
Firefighters discovered smoke when 911 calls summoned them to the triplex on Hinchey Avenue at 10:35 p.m., Ottawa Hearth Providers stated in a launch. A second alarm was declared at 10:43 p.m. to summon additional sources to battle “heavy” flames on the two-storey house between between Burnside and Lyndale avenues.
The fireplace was declared out at 12:31 a.m.
An Ottawa fireplace investigator was dispatched to the scene to find out the trigger.