Now that Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews’ information convention is over, let’s recap the important thing moments:
- 51 new circumstances, seven new deaths in Victoria within the final 24 hours
- Two-week rolling common at 70.1 for Melbourne, four.5 for regional Victoria
- Regional Victoria “fairly near with the ability to take maybe not only one step, however two”
- Curfew was designed to restrict motion, making enforcement simpler for Victoria Police
- About 30 firms being investigated by WorkSafe for COVID-19 breaches, greater than 3200 inquiries made
Of notice, the Premier spent a lot of the information convention defending the curfew, after police revealed earlier immediately they didn’t particularly name for one to be established.
“The Chief Well being Officer desires and gives, in some ways, very detailed recommendation, and that is when these issues relate on to public well being … Authorities is free to transcend, the federal government is free to make some administrative selections that make the enforcement of the rules that the Chief Well being Officer has put ahead rather more achievable,” the Premier stated.
“Anybody who’s displeased with that or would not assume that is a proportionate measure, nicely, that is a choice that I’ve made … and because the chief of the federal government, I will be accountable for that.”