Climate: warmth warning with afternoon showers possible, threat of a thunderstorm


Article content material

A warmth warning continues to be in impact with a forecast excessive of 30 C and humidex of 36 Friday however climate watchers predict “a slight reprieve this weekend” for Ottawa earlier than temperatures climb once more Monday.

“These extremes temperatures will possible persist by your complete week,” Atmosphere Canada mentioned.

Friday’s forecast additionally contains a 30 per cent likelihood of showers within the morning rising to 70 per cent by afternoon with the chance of a thunderstorm.

Friday night time is partly cloudy with a 40 per cent likelihood of showers early within the night and the chance of a thunderstorm. Skies clear in a single day with a low of 18 C.

Saturday is principally sunny with a excessive of 29 C and low of 16 C.

Then it’s a string of sticky days underneath blended skies.

There’s a 30 per cent likelihood of showers Sunday and Monday with highs of 30 C and 31 C respectively. The lows are 18 C and 20 C.

Tuesday is even hotter with a forecast excessive of 34 C and low of 21 C underneath blended however dry skies.

Wednesday and Thursday are forecast to hit 32 C and 33 C underneath blended skies.