OC Transpo carried out the R1 different bus service between Hurdman and Blair stations Thursday morning, on account of an immobilized prepare at St. Laurent Station.
The company later tweeted that the breakdown was on account of a “energy situation at St-Laurent station.”
There was no estimate on when the problem is perhaps mounted.
LRT service between Tremblay and Tunney’s Pasture stations was not affected.
In the meantime, metropolis site visitors had picked up after a morning that was gradual as molasses in January on slick, snow-covered roads.
Metropolis police suggested motorists to “depart your self additional stopping distance and to easily decelerate.”
There have been a couple of stories of automobiles sliding into the ditch within the early going, however no indications of accidents.
OPP pulled over a G2 driver close to Brockville Thursday doing 142 km/h on Freeway 401. Poor decisions certainly.
The parents ferrying children to high school in outlying areas are staying off the roads – each the the Catholic District Faculty Board of Japanese Ontario and the Higher Canada District Faculty Board cancelled college buses Thursday on account of inclement climate. Colleges stay open.
Faculty buses are in service in Ottawa and Gatineau.
- Count on intermittent lane and ramp closures on Freeway 174 throughout off-peak hours between Blair and Trim roads till finish of February to prepare for the Stage 2 Confederation Line east extension.
- Montreal Highway, in the meantime, is lowered to 1 lane on the intersection of Montreal and North River roads. South of Montreal Highway, southbound North River Highway can also be closed. These closures in preparation for the Montreal Highway Revitalization Mission are in place till Feb. 14. Detours are in place.
- A bit of the Rideau Canal japanese and western pathways close to the Pretoria Bridge is closed till March for structural repairs below the Queensway overpass
- Hog’s Again is closed to autos between Colonel by Drive and Prince of Wales Drive. Work on the swing bridge is anticipated to wrap up within the spring then Park Canada will begin the restore and alternative of the mounted bridge over the Hog’s Again falls. Pedestrians and cyclists aren’t affected. Hog’s Again Highway is anticipated to totally reopen in December 2020.
- Bayfield Avenue is closed between Herzberg Highway and Carling Avenue till Oct. 2020 for the set up of a trunk sewer.
- Cumberland Road is closed between Stewart Road and Wilbrod Road till June 2020.
ALSO IN THE NEWS